In The Spotlight
Welcome to the Chamber’s new legislative and political advocacy action center. Here you will find all the tools needed to contact your local elected officials regarding issues of concern to the Hollywood Business Community. The Chamber encourages you to visit this site often to keep abreast of important local, state and federal initiatives that impact your business.
As we work together to take a stand for businesses and our community, we realize the need to offer relevant information to help you make prudent decisions in the political process. The legislative and political advocacy action center of our website is an interactive tool for election information, nonpartisan civic participation and grassroots advocacy designed to mobilize Chamber members regarding upcoming issues and valuable election news.
On this site, you can register to vote, apply for an absentee ballot, learn more about candidates, locate where you go to vote, contact your elected officials and much more. You are able to join the Chamber’s Grassroots Network and independently contact your legislators to advocate issues important to you...Read more.
What issue do you think is the most important challenge facing business this year?
Federal and State Legislation
- H.Res. 1357: Commending and congratulating the Hollywood Walk of Fame on the occasion of its 50th anniversary.
- H.R. 1677: Empowerment Zone, Renewal Community and Enterprise Community Enhancement Act of 2009
- S. 1222: Empowerment Zone, Renewal Community and Enterprise Community Enhancement Act of 2009
- CA SB 1076: Taxes for Arts Council Fund
- CA SB 974: Career Technical Education Tax Credit
- CA SB 1197: Motion Picture Tax Credits